Art and Design
Art at Warren Farm
At Warren Farm we strive to provide a curriculum that enables our children to immerse themselves in art throughout all areas of the curriculum. We believe that art is a fantastic way for all children of all ages to express themselves, be creative and to explore.
We want our children to develop a love of learning and we provide opportunities for the children to experience art through; studying a wide range of famous artists, producing creative work; exploring their ideas and recording their experiences using a range of techniques and manipulates.
In the Early Years the children are exposed to many different creative techniques and they will be expected to experiment with colour, form and function. As well as represent their own ideas through art, music, dance, role play and stories.
Key Stage 1
In Key Stage 1 the children will:
- Study famous artists such as Van Gogh, Picasso, Klee, Klimt, Mackintosh and Seurat.
- Use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- Develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space,
Key Stage 2
In Key Stage 2 the children will:
- Study famous artists such as Alma Thomas, Jackson Pollock, Edvard Munch, Georgia O'Keeffe and Frida Kahlo.
- Learn to perfect their art and design techniques including; drawing, painting, collage and sculpture.
- Record, evaluate and analyse their own and others’ artwork.