Dear Parents and Carers
I hope you are all well and keeping safe during these extremely difficult times.
As I am sure you have heard, the government has proposed that schools MAY open up on June 1st, for children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6.
I am now in the process of trying to redesign the way the school runs and operates so that everyone at Warren Farm is kept safe. As you can imagine this is a very complex operation and made more difficult with little guidance from the Department Of Education and Government. I can only make final plans once the full suite of information has been issued.
Many of you I know are worried and concerned about sending your children back into school. We understand this and will do whatever we can to support both you and your children during this transition period. You may chose not to send your children back in and this is down to parental choice. What we are certain of is that the government will not be fining parents of children who do not attend. It is NOT compulsory to send your child back to school.
What I am certain of is that Warren Farm will open but not as we previously knew it. On the limited advice I have received, the following information I can share with you.
1. Children will be split into smaller classes of no more than 15 and will stay in their group for the day with little or no interaction with other groups. This means that many children will not be taught by their normal class teacher.
2. Work will be completed on work sheets - The same work will be available for the children who do not attend so that no child is disadvantaged.
3. Provision for Key worker children will continue as is.
4. There will be staggered entry and exit times for children – details to follow
5. One adult will be permitted on the school site whilst accompanying your child to drop off and collect.
6. There will be designated drop off zones and collection zones.
8. School dinners will possibly be a sandwich lunch delivered to your child’s classroom. This will limit movement around school and any social interaction.
9. Playtime/Lunchtimes will be on a rota basis.
10. A one-way system will be set up around school where possible.
11. Hand washing and sanitising will be a major part of the school routine.
12. There will be no After School or Before School provision.
13. If parents wish to speak to the office there will be a system in place to limit access - only one parent/carer will be allowed in at a time. This is for emergencies ONLY or dropping off medication.
14. Staff in the office may be wearing gloves and possibly facemasks.
15. Contact with staff will be through telephone conversation.
Once I have greater clarity I will inform you of the plan in detail but what I do now need is to know which children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 are going to attend should the school re open on the 1st June.
Could I ask parents and carers of children in – Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 to complete our survey by Wednesday 20th May. The survey asks how many children you intend to send to school in each year group using a slider to indicate the number. Press SUBMIT to move onto the next year group. The survey can be accessed at:
I will say at this point, we know as much as you do and have been promised further guidance on how this will look in the coming days.
Many thanks and I hope to see you all soon.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: